Wednesday, June 4, 2008

VEGGIES....I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL HARVEST TIME






OK....2 posts in one day. I know, I will try harder to do them as I have the experience. Yesterday I had the pleasure of finishing the planting of the garden. Jeff hates to plant the garden, but I really enjoy it! This is my 3rd veggie garden ever. Last year I had a good yield, hoping the same for this year. The garden did grow a bit in size this year. We'll see how I do keeping up when it comes time to harvest. Although there should not be much waste because I plan to can and freeze as needed. I also think it is time for me to take over the spaghetti sauce making job in our family...my father will have to give me a lesson. Always eager to learn new skills! This year I planted cukes, two kinds of tomatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, three kinds of lettuce, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, cantaloupe, squash, brocolli and of course pumkins for the kids. I found a lot of old horse shoes and other various metal parts while planting. There used to be an old farm on the property. When my parents first bought the land, there was an old house and a barn that was still standing. As kids, my sister and I found a ton of old dishes, glasses, farm tools, etc. Kind of neat! Anyway, I will keep you posted on the progress of my garden as she blooms! Oh yeah, the picture above is my silly little man, CAMERON. He wants to help me sell some veggies in the event we have a surplus. I know of a few neighbors who may have an interest in some fresh garden veggies. The deal is, he will have to help me care for our plants this summer. I hope to begin to instill a work ethic in both my kids this summer.

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

Nice hair Cam! Your garden is bigger then I expected, I am impressed! That is a good idea to have can sell a few veggies out front. There is always a little extra.
~Kim